In order for our practice to continue to offer our patients uninterrupted care, and to prevent unnecessary exposure to Covid-19, our practice is offering telehealth as an option to meet with any of our providers. Our telehealth service is an HIPAA compliant, fully encrypted video/audio encounter allowing patient and doctor interaction from the comfort of your home. Click on the button above on the date of your appointment and select your provider to be directed to our virtual waiting room.
Click on the button above to proceed to our patient portal site in order to access your electronic records and communications.
** COVID-19 HEALTH NOTICE **
We ask that all guests accompanying patients to their appointment, that are not essential to mobility or care, please wait in their vehicles. Mandatory temperatures will be required for all patients and guests entering our office. Patients with temperatures of 100° or higher will be asked to return home and will be contacted to reschedule their appointment.
Please call our office at 402-484-5600 to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing upper respiratory symptoms including shortness of breath, cough, and/or fever. Please call your primary care provider for medical advice.
In the best interest of high risk and distance patients, we are now able to offer remote telehealth options in place of an in-person visit with one of our providers. Please click the Telehealth tab at the top of the page to download the app of your choice prior to your appointment. Then call our office to provide our staff with your communication preference and account information.
PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
You can help protect yourself and others from COVID-19 and other respiratory infections by:
- Staying home if you are sick, and avoiding close contact with those who are sick.
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Immediately, throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow the same family plans and kits that people may use for flu season or severe weather season.
ALL PATIENTS PLEASE BRING:
- INSURANCE CARD
- UPDATED MEDICATION LIST
- COMPLETED PAPERWORK (NEW PATIENTS)
**NEW PATIENTS PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MIN. PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT.**
- Lab bills and info
- Dialysis patients must obtain patient records from their respective dialysis center.
- Payment Policy - Co-pays due at the time of appointment. If you do not have insurance coverage, payment is due at the time of appointment.